Agrimelt 55 is an
all-natural, agricultural product derived from
renewable resources and features versatile ice
control performance when mixed with chloride
brines. Agrimelt55 not only lowers the freezing
point of the brine, but also reduces
salt-induced corrosion. When used with rock
salt, Agrimelt 55 can reduce your salt
requirements by 30%.Agrimelt 55 passes the strict laboratory requirements of the Pacific Northwest Snowfighters.
Dry Solids 55%
Specific Gravity's Range 1.275 +/- .02
pH Range 7-9
Freezing Point -35 °C (-31°F)
Water Miscibility: Complete
Agrimelt55 can be used
as-is for excellent freeze protection
for salt and bulk material stockpiles.
Agrimelt 55 can also be mixed with a salt solution, creating a highly effective solution for anti-icing and pre-wetting applications. All suggested usage levels should be considered as starting points and should be adjusted as needed to meet local conditions such as current and forecasted road and surface temperatures, precipitation, traffic volume, etc.
Anti-Icing and Pre-Wetting
- Agrimelt 55 can be blended with your preferred chloride brine when used
- Apply 60-100 litres/lane kilometre for Anti-icing using a stream nozzle.
- Apply 20-42 litres/tonne at the spinner for pre-wetting sand and/or salt.
- Prevents snow and ice from bonding to the pavement when used as an anti-icing agent.
- Reduces the corrosive properties of the salt.
- Reduces bounce and scatter losses during application from 30% loss down to only 4%loss.
- Jumpstarts the de-icing process.
Apply at 17-25 litres per tonne of salt and 17-25 litres per tonne of sand.
- Keeps stockpile free flowing. Prevents freezing or chunking.
- reduces corrosive properties of salt.
- enhances the de-icing performance of dry salt/sand.
- Reduces bounce and scatter losses during application from 30% loss
down to only 4% loss.
- More active ice melting ingredient.
Agrimelt 55 is designed to enhance
traditional chloride brines in most
existing equipment. When mixed with
brine, Agrimelt 55 allows the de-icing
solution to perform for longer durations
due to its higher concentrations of
solids. Performance equivalent to that
of traditional chloride brines can be
achieved with lesser amounts of Agrimelt
55. This means more lane kilometres per
truckload with less equipment corrosion.
Agrimelt 55 also acts as a freeze point depressant lowering the eutectic of the original solution making de-icing possible at lower
The information and recommendations in this publication are, to the best of the sellers knowledge, accurate. however, because of numerous factors affecting test results, seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, other than the product conforms to its applicable current standard specifications. Statements concerning the use of the products or formulations described herein are not to be
construed as recommending the infringement of any patent.